DRASTIC – Comparative study of High Efficiency Video Coding Encoders and Performance Measurements
- x265 Optimal Video encoding performance
- Video CODEC complexity study for UHD (Ultra High Definition) 4K resolution videos.
- Decoding energy and scalability analysis for UHD videos
DRASTIC HEVC Inter Prediction – Camera Activity Classification
- Adaptive video encoding based on different camera motions (Track, zoom, Stationary) in multi-objective pareto optimization.
- Analyze Camera activities with respect to GOP for real-time video encoding.
DRASTIC HEVC GOP(Group of Pictures)
- Worked on x265 open source version of H.265/HEVC video compression standard with focus on GOP(Group of Pictures) structures with an emphasis on jointly optimizing encoding time, bit-rate and the video quality in DRASTIC(Dynamically Reconfigurable Time-varying Image Constraints)framework developed in our lab. More about DRASTIC can be accessed here.
- My Master’s thesis was based on newer GOP encoder configurations in HM 12.0 HEVC reference software with all optimal points stored in a database.
DRASTIC HEVC Intra prediction
- Developed and applied DRASTIC model for HEVC Intra prediction modes by jointly optimizing energy, rate distortion(RD) for different operating modes.
- Demonstrated these Pareto-optimal configurations provide performance scalability and improvement on time-varying constraints with DRASTIC control.